New Product Introduction
As an extension of your engineering team, our project managers can guide your product from concept development to design to rigorous testing—right through to the final launch.
We’re experts at the finer points of design, tooling, and manufacturing of injection molded parts. Our services go beyond just building the components—once we know your specific requirements, we can recommend technical resources and design ideas to improve product quality or save tooling costs.
Our efficiency, design experience, project management skills, and expertise in engineering and metrology make Vision one of the most valuable strategic partners in the industry.
Three phases of development
If you need assistance developing a prototype product or have extensive qualification requirements for a high-volume, complex molding project, we can tailor our project management system to fit your needs.
Whether your company needs single-cavity prototype tooling, multi-cavity pilot tooling, or high cavitation production tooling, here’s what we provide through the typical phases of bringing a new product to market:
- Mold-making expertise: our project managers include former mold-makers, whose expertise can save you time and money in design and tool building.
- In-stock mold frames: for quick turn around on single-cavity prototype tooling, pre-production, or early development design molding.
2. Pilot phase
- The latest tools and solid experience: our project managers provide detailed project plans, perform web-based design reviews, and communicate using a wide variety of solid-modeling platforms.
- Custom molding: product design, strategy, artwork, assembly, packaging.
3. Full commercialization phase
- Developing and optimizing your commercialization strategy, to make sure your mold capacity:
- is appropriate
- matches with your price point
- stays within your budget
- gets to market quickly and efficiently
- has a reliable supply chain
Vision develops comprehensive and effective quality requirement process monitoring as we bring your new product through the phases.
Read more about Vision’s mold qualification services—an integral part of our product development process.